Multiethnic Young Leaders NZ (MYLN) is a network of ethnically diverse young leaders between the ages of 18 and 35 who are committed to strengthening social cohesion, championing ethnic and intersectional diversity in leadership, and empowering diverse young New Zealanders.
To build Aotearoa New Zealand’s pipeline of diverse, inclusive and purpose-driven future leaders across business, government and community sectors.
OUR GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To resource, support and empower ethnically diverse young people in the formative stages of their careers.
- To provide networking, leadership and professional development pathways and opportunities to Māori, Pacific and ethnic rangatahi.
- To increase the visibility and normalise the presence and success of ethnically diverse New Zealanders in high-profile spaces.
- To strengthen social cohesion by fostering relationships and facilitating collaboration between young leaders from diverse cultural backgrounds, ethnicities and communities.
- To unlock the full potential of all young people in New Zealand.
- To transform the face of Aotearoa’s leadership to better reflect New Zealand’s diversity.
- Speaker and Networking Series
- Virtual Workshops
- Rangatahi Leadership Opportunities Database
- 3 Kapu Kawhe Mentorship Programme
- National Multiethnic Young Leaders Summit
- Annual Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori Campaign
- Member Highlights and Interviews
- Public Speaking and Consultation Opportunities
- Thought Leadership Contribution
OUR 2023 COMMUNITY FUNDERS & COLLABORATORS